Apr 9, 2008

Misery

Don't know the definition on misery. Helsinki has been pretty miserable for the past few days. I think I catched a glimpse of the sun this afternoon in the horizon when the wind started to pick up. Otherwise, it has been gray, wet and dull. On top of that, I think I have a flu. Tomorrow it is time to stay home and cough. This is how the world looks like right now.

There are things that make me happy, of course. Alissa (8 yrs) is one of them. She is cool even when she is down - like this morning. The kids have a way of expressing themselves honestly. This morning she did not know how to wear the raincoat, with or without the parka. She looked so unhappy that it almost made me smile.

We get disappointed when our grown-up friends do not act like that. Bad for them, good for Alissa. Good for me?

No comments: